Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Arrival


It’s official, I have arrived in Kathmandu where I will be living for the next four months. I snapped a few photos of my first glimpse of Nepal from the airplane window, but the images don’t capture the large green forested hills that appeared as we landed.

At the airport I easily got my 3 month tourist visa and then went on to purchase an NCell Sim card for my unlocked phone. Interestingly, the process of joining NCell with a pay-as-you-go Sim included having my fingerprints taken and providing my grandfathers full name. 

After an afternoon to get settled in the hotel, my former colleague (P) and his wife invited me out for dinner! It is brilliant timing that he is also in Kathmandu this month, visiting his family and friends. It’s really amazing that I get to see a familiar face so soon.

P brought me to a restaurant called Or2K and it looks like the type of place I’ll return to soon. There were a mix of people there, from large groups of friends having a night out to a few individuals working on their laptops and eating alone. Pictures next time!

I’m struggling to blog at all because of a painfully weak internet signal, so I’m going to call it a night and hopefully overcome any pending jet lag.

No comments:

Post a Comment