Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Hattiban

This past Saturday I got roped into going on a very spontaneous trip to Hattiban. My friends wanted to go there to find a good natural rock climbing wall and I mainly went for the bit of hiking and picnicking...Once I learned that my friends were also bringing a hammock and guitar, how could I resist the day out??

Since this weekend I've learned that we should have also sought out the Hattiban Resort, which is well known for it's views of Kathmandu valley. Instead we just did a roughly 30-40 minute hike up to the climbing rocks and then found a place to relax.



The whole day turned out to be a lot of fun and it was great to have some outdoors time. The only down-side was that there were a lot of leeches! They were very quick to jump onto our feet or legs in search of blood. One of my friends had a lot of leeches crawl into her sneakers, which was pretty creepy, to say the least.

Hattiban is 20 km from Kathmandu and situated on a hill looking over the valley. We were able to take a taxi out there for 800 NRs. On our way home we were a little late in walking back down and public transit had already stopped. But we found two Buddhist monks that were willing to drive us back to Kathmandu in the back of their truck. We were some very lucky hitchhikers!





No comments:

Post a Comment